Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Very First Blog

So as odd as this may seem for being a young person like myself, but I have never blogged before, so this should be interesting! And I figure my first blog should be kind of an introduction.

I grew up in NYC and have now moved up to Rochester, NY. I came up here for school and just have never left. I was a dual major in college, studying dance and physical education and concentrating in exercise physiology. I had always been an active person, having started dancing at the age of 4, which is why I decided I wanted to study what I did in college. But now, having graduated, I have found it has been pretty difficult to find a job that fits the niche I want to be in (or what I thought I wanted to be in).

I have had numerous part time jobs since graduating, mainly in the fitness field. But jumping from job to job gets tiresome after a while and knew I needed to find a full time gig for myself. And when I did, I was there for all of 3 months when they could no long afford to keep me on and let me go.

It's been 4 months since that day, and for someone like me who has been used to constantly doing something, it's really not easy to sit around and not know what to do with yourself except for trying to find another job. And then money starts to weigh on you, and doesn't help the situation or your state of mind.

Upon my job search, I came across the opportunity to become an independent coach for Beachbody, a name some might know to be associated with the programs P90X, Turbo Jam, Insanity, Slim in 6 and other at home fitness programs. After some thought and assessment I decided to give it a go because I would love to have a job that incorporates the knowledge I learned in college into it (and since Rochester doesn't seem to be quite the ideal market for it) I figured this might be something I can do on the side to fulfill that want. But even getting that started has not easy, and seems to have almost put more stress on my mind.

I will have to continue this later... I have to get ready for my interview... first one in almost a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment