Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Grand Opening Party

Okay, so tonight I had a house party to let my friends know that I was starting my own business by becoming a Beachbody coach, and for a week I tried to get people to RSVP to it, but of course none of my friends showed up, and more than half never even made any kind of acknowledgement of the invitaton; super frustrating.

As a beachbody coach, I have a coach above me that's there to help me learn the ropes, because even though I'm in business for myself, I'm not by myself. And he was nice enough to let me have the party at his place. I got there early incase he needed help in setting up and to just discuss more in how to help my business grow in general. But with all my frustrations of it seeming like none of my friends are responding or supporting me in this, and being unemployed and losing my money (faster than I would like), and getting very negative responses and feedback from people I thought were friends, I just broke down in front of him. And I hate to show that kind of weakness, but I just couldn't contain it. But a couple of people he invited started showing up, so that helped me force myself to regain some composure. And after that, the party went well. Still really sucked that no one I knew came.

I guess it's just something you gotta stay positive about though if you want to even try to succeed at it, because I believe that being healthy is important, and I want to help people educate themselves in it so that they lead better, longer lives. It's one of the reasons I decided to take this chance and do it. I believe in beachbody and their products. And I guess, just like working out, if you want to see results, you have to work at it and know that it takes time and effort, and know that eventually the time and the effort you put into it, will pay off.

2 comments:

  1. Amanda,

    Very cool that you are doing this. Good luck on your new venture. If anyone can do it—you can homeslice. Oh, by the way... I am your very first blog follower and I left the first comment. I am super cool!

    —M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mark! I'm at least going to give it a shot... still a work in progress though. And yes, you are super cool:P

    ReplyDelete